Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and myself. If you’ve yet to officially join, there’s still time! Find the details HERE.
* How I did on last week’s goal(s).
Here were my goals:
1) Decide which story idea to focus on
2) Get started on said story
And, I actually did BOTH! I have decided to focus on the story I teased about here. It’s a Contemporary YA story currently titled TO BE WILD AND FREE, and takes place in the Grand Tetons National Park.
And, I’m currently sitting at 2,749 words with plans to pound out some more tonight. 🙂
* My goal(s) for this week.
1) To add 2,500 words to my WIP
2) Take a trip to the library for writing time.
* A favorite line from my project OR a word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
This is a total first draft kind of line, just remember that people! 🙂
My heart is still racing, but now the emotion behind it isn’t fear, but rather anger. “Mom, I can not do the service crew. I’m here to bust my ass to further science, not to bust my ass building things or whatever.”
* The biggest challenge I faced this week.
Living room renovations and two kiddos with snotty noses and coughs…which means sleep was hard to come by for us all.
* Something I love about my WiP.
Since I’m just getting started (and haven’t even actually written a word about him yet.) I am still feeling out my WIP, but I’m already antsty to write about emotionally lost Ryan. He’s swoony and tortured, but he’s going to save Hannah as much as she’s going to save him. (Or, at least that’s what my outline says. 😉