Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and myself. If you’ve yet to officially join, there’s still time! Find the details HERE.
* How I did on last week’s goal(s).
Last weeks goals:
1) To add 2,500 words to my WIP
2) Take a trip to the library for writing time.
I actually wrote almost 5K in the last week and did take that trip to the library! So…SUCCESS! 🙂
* My goal(s) for this week.
1) Add at least another 3,000 words to my WIP.
2) Finish two of the books I have checked out from the library.
* A favorite line from my project OR a word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
The characters began to unfold as I wrote this week, and I just love that. So, my word would be discovery.
* The biggest challenge I faced this week.
My own head. I’m writing about a real place, one that I haven’t been in over 20 years and even that was a short trip. So…I feel like I’m writing blind, but desperately want to get it all perfect.
But, first drafts aren’t perfect…or even pretty, are they?
* Something I love about my WiP.
That it’s set in somewhere beautiful, that it’s a place with nature and amazing views and wildlife.